Monday, December 20, 2004

lisa's almsot here

So tonight of all nights mom wants to come out and help me decorate my tree. I hope we're not going to get catty about where Lisa sleeps tonight, or where she stays for two weeks. Of course the maternal instincts would make mom want to go with me to pick her up and as much as I want her to stay with me, it's all good, she can stay where ever she's most comfortable.

Duncan's first real show is January 8th and 9th. He's going to have to go up against his brother and two other male dogs I know named Rayce and Nakota. I hope he does okay. He's such a swet heart.

There was this really awkward and funny misunderstanding at school today. A fellow teacher, Heather, who is new this year, told me she met her "girlfriend" for lunch today. She said how her girlfriend will be taking the legal bar exam soon. Like the quick thinking person that I am, I immediately thought to myself very cool, a self-confident lesbian. So, I asked lots of friendly questions about her "girlfriend." Does she intend to practice law in Utah? What sort of law did she specialize in? etc. etc. Heather said that she (the girlfriend) might move to DC and I said, oh, that will be hard. And then Heather said that it will all work out becasue her friend's husband is supportive and will go with her back East. I think she all the sudden figured out what I was assuming and felt pretty embarassed. But I didn't embarass her further by acknowledging the misunderstanding. We just got busy planning how my big kids can become effective reading tutors for her little kids.


No comments: