Tuesday, December 26, 2006

An Ipod Christmas

My three girls are luv-luv-loving their ipods. I am glad David convinced me to allow them. I had a nice Christmas---overall. I had a perfect last day of school Friday, including watching Akeelah and the Bee with my students and sending them each home with wonderful portraits and poems to give to their parents. I couldn't ask for a better mix of kids. Mom and I reached a fragile understanding about roles, intentions, and commitments---the process of reaching this understanding helped me work through some of my own fears regarding my family and my shortcomings. I have stacks and stacks of books to read and ideas to explore.

There are between 70-100 million AK47s in the world and they have been at the center of most armed conflicts of the last fifty years.

Only a few hours until Lisa arrives. Yeah.

No comments: